Sunday, April 29, 2012

Final Report PLN

 I must say that my PLN has grown vastly over the coarse of EDM 310. When I started class this semester, I believed I was up-to-date with the use of internet tools. Little did I know, my whole world was about to change and I would gain my very own personal learning network(PLN) along the way. I have most of the tools that I have used this semester saved in my favorites or either bookmarked through Symbaloo. One of the greatest changes I have went through is blogging, in which I have been interacting with fellow students, teachers, and children from all over the globe. This allows me to better adapt as a teacher by gaining insight on the views of fellow educators, as well as interact with children from different cultures and lifestyles.
           Another tool that is vital to my PLN is Edmodo, which is a network that will allow me to set up my online classroom. I plan on putting this to work as soon as I complete my education because it allows you to connect with your students through an online classroom. Edmodo will be very important in helping develop the form of online education we have been studying all semester. One tool that I didn't like at first that is now a part of my PLN is Twitter, because all I needed was another social network, but then I learned how to utilize it. Twitter can be extremely useful when you want to connect with educators in your field of study, for example, that's how Dr. Strange met Mrs. Cassidy. Also included in my PLN are other programs that I intend on using when my career as a teacher begins, such as Flickr. After looking back to the beginning of this term, I would have never thought I would learn what I know now about these online tools that form my PLN. These tools have changed my life thus far and I add new gadgets daily. My PLN will definitely make my life as an educator easier along with allowing me to influence my students to adapt to this new age of online learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment