Sunday, April 1, 2012

C4T#3 Summary post

I was assigned to Mrs. Vicki Davis , author of the Cool Cat Teacher Blog,for my C4T #3. Mrs. Davis is a full-time teacher and mother of three whom lives in Camilla,GA. For my first comment, I chose her post about Elearning and Global Competency. This post reviews a situation where a student receives constructive criticism from a fellow classmate. This shows that sometimes it takes a different situation in order for us to learn from our mistakes. As she states in her post, the quick exchange with his peer made more of an impression than repeated attempts from his teacher did.
          For my most recent C4T post, I reviewed Mrs. Davis' post on Slavery Awareness. In her post, she informs her followers that she has her class involved in slavery awareness(May Day). At first I believed she was speaking about slavery in the past, until she informed me there are still currently 4.1 million slaves in the world TODAY!! This stat is not only mind-blowing but also a shame. I have agreed to look further into the website she has provided http://hopeforslaves.com, If you're interested check it out. I think it is great that she has her class involved in something that we all need to be aware of, slavery in the world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment