Sunday, March 11, 2012

PLN Progress Report

A PLN, or personal learning network, is an online tool that allows you to have quick and easy access to a wide range of internet tools, whether used for work or personal use. The PLN I chose to use is Symbaloo, which is free and easy to learn how to use. I have just recently began utilizing this tool and have come to find it very useful in executing many tasks quickly.


            For example, I needed to complete the Timetoast Timeline which was due for a project this week and my PLN allowed me to navigate directly to the website and begin my assignment quickly. Another great thing about the Symbaloo system is the various ways you can personalize it. For instance if you would like to arrange your websites into four different categories, you could do so with ease. Another great feature about the PLN is that if you get tired of working online you can quickly jump to a form of entertainment, such as the latest Youtube video. Also, Symbaloo offers News links to current news around the world which can be vital in keeping up with current events.  Most of all, the latest online education tools are easily accessed, which is an invaluable tool to new and upcoming teachers. This is just a few ways I have learned to utilize the free tools offered by my PLN.

No comments:

Post a Comment